Sunday, February 26, 2006

Love is an action, not a feeling.

A man says "You can't do that" and quotes two verses from the Bible to prove his point.
That is not what the Bible is all about.
If you get righteous, and tell me "the bible says so", you have missed the point.
The Bible says many things, but it shouts out with Love and Forgiveness.
That is the real message that runs through it. Do you hear it?

The Bible isn't about righteousness and judgment.
The Bible is about love and forgiveness.
I have been forgiven.
We worship a God of second chances.

"4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails. ......................but the greatest of these is love."

Do you get hung up on a how someone is acting?
Get hung up on Jesus.
If we're lucky, we spend some 70 or 80 good years here on earth.
Everyone has to make a choice.
Either talk to God now or wait until you die?

Love is not a feeling, love is an action! So do it.

We worship a God of second chances.
God is good, All the time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Crystal Starr said...

GREAT post Papa-in-law! I say that all the time that love is not a feeling it is an action. That's why it IS so possible to love everyone. You just show them love you don't have to feel all lovey about them. BUT when we do feel the "love" that makes it all the more wonderful!

Anyway, I'm sorry I was so grumpy today. I felt really bad when I left and I wish I was better at showing my appreciation to you guys.

2/26/2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger Crystal Starr said...

Thanks for watching our kids for us tonight. The last few days have been really hard and it was SO nice to be able to go out and just be with Scott. It cheered me up.

I feel good and safe when our kids are with you.

3/11/2006 8:19 PM  
Blogger Peter Wantstobe said...

Our pleasure Crystal. We are so blessed to have our grandchildren close by. A lot of people don't get that oppurtunity. I love you all.

Papa Jeff

3/12/2006 7:55 AM  
Blogger Crystal Starr said...

Time for an update!!!

5/10/2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger Crystal Starr said...

Scott has been doing some major work with the plumbing for the upstairs bathroom. He thinks that tomorrow he will put in the tub!!!

3/24/2007 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home